Thursday, May 2, 2013

Kubrick Exhibit



So if you live in LA and haven't been to the Stanley Kubrick exhibit at LACMA yet, 
you're really blowing it. It's going on until the end of June so go if you can!
It is no secret that I am obsessed with Lolita. I mean I did dress as her two halloweens in a row. Needless to say, seeing all the original props, scripts, and stills from Kubrick's Lolita was extremely surreal. They even had Kubrick's annotated script, complete with coffee stains, and a letter written
by Nabokov himself. 

Trust me, Mickey was way more stoked to be there than he looks. 


 I played some homage to Lolita with my outfit... 
Devil Slang crop top and skirt, vintage hat, and pigtails.


The Shining portion of the exhibit was incredible and I 
couldn't believe the pristine condition the twin dresses were in!
I would really like a version in my size, please. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is really inspiring!
    Great post, followed you =)

    http://theladyfairer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete