Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Beast Coast, Part IV: Newport Folk Fest, Day 1

I know, I know, I'm super late on posting about Newport Folk Fest, which was at the end of July in Newport, Rhode Island, but I've been busy! I hope my updated layout and colorful pictures make up for it.

I've been to more than a good handful of music festivals in my life, and I have to say that Newport Folk is hands down my favorite. It's a very chill atmosphere, with music fans of all ages, beautiful scenery, and the music, oh my. I'm truly a folk girl at heart.









The first band we got to see were my incredible older brothers, also known as
The Felice Brothers. It was the first time I got to see them since their
latest album came out, Celebration Florida.

After their set, one of my high-school-favorites, Gogol Bordello, played a
rambunctious semi-acoustic set, then we headed over to see the
forever-wonderful California boys, Delta Spirit.








I wore a gingham top and shorts set that I made myself, to keep cool in the east coast humidity.

For the last set of the day, we sat back and watched The Decemberists folk out. Everything was way too picture perfect, with the setting sun, ocean view, and fantastic music. It was another favorite summer moment, and something I hope to recreate every year.









No comments:

Post a Comment